Welcome Class of 2026!

Dear Class of 2026,

Welcome to Wesleyan University! My name is Michael Guerrero and I am excited to serve as your class dean. Wesleyan truly is a remarkable community that has so much to offer the intellectually curious. I am delighted you selected Wes for the next step in your academic journey, and am looking forward to learning more about each and every one of you. Here is a copy of my welcome letter if you have not had a chance read it.

I am from Austin, Texas, and have an academic and professional background in counseling, where I specialized in career and academic advising. My academic story began about 18 years ago, and I still do not think the journey has ended. I am a lifelong learner and am eager to share this appreciation with you. Outside of academics, here are a few of my favorite things:

• A favorite food of mine is pizza and I feel lucky to live in New Haven, where they refer to it as “apizza”. This area has amazing food and the desserts are also outstanding!
  • The nature in Connecticut, especially near Middletown, is beautiful. I am looking forward to visiting state and national parks throughout New England this summer.
  • I enjoy traveling and am eager to visit family and friends around the globe soon.
  • Visiting museums is also one of my favorite hobbies and I would appreciate learning about your favorite museum or art gallery!

As Class Dean, I advise students through personal and academic challenges to help them accomplish their academic and career goals. I also collaborate closely with professors and other Wesleyan staff to help create positive learning experiences. Administratively, I advise students regarding their academic standing, selecting a major, graduation requirements, and university policy and procedures.  

I am looking forward to welcoming you to campus this fall, and am happy to answer any questions before your arrival. I will be posting information weekly to this blog, so please bookmark this page. We have many offices eager to welcome you to the Wesleyan community, and they will be sharing more information soon!

I hope you enjoy your summer break,

Dean Guerrero